There still exists a group of people who believe everything that the Bible teaches, who trust completely that the Bible is infallible, and who deny that man has the right to alter what God has written for our learning and obedience.
If you are interested in learning more about the Truth originally believed by all the faithful, and expounded by all the Apostles, please ask for your copy of
CHRISTENDOM ASTRAY: Scriptural evidence that common Christian beliefs are NOT based on the Bible (free).
. . . by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in the area of London, Ontario, Bible first principles are presented free to the public every third Sunday of the month, 1pm, at 166 Central Avenue.
What is the meaning of "Christadelphian"? (1)
It means brother or relative of Christ. It is the name of Christ and the Greek word for brother put into one.
Who is a brother or relative of Christ? (2)
He who performs the will of God.
- "Whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother" (Matt 12:50).
- "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants" (John 15:14-15).
What is the will of God that we should do? (3)
That we believe in His Son Jesus Christ and keep His commandments.
- "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent" (John 6:29).
- "This is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him" (1 John 3:23, 24).
Who is it that has given the name "Christ's Brethren" to those who do the will of God? (4)
It is Christ himself who has done so.
- "He is not ashamed to call them BRETHREN, saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren" (Heb 2:11-12).
- "Go tell my BRETHREN that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me" (Matt 28:10).
- "Behold my mother and my BRETHREN!" (Mark 3:34).
- ". . . His Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Rom 8:29).
Why are the brethren of Christ called Christadelphian in our day instead of Christian? (5)
Because multitudes are called Christian who do not believe the truth concerning Christ or obey his commandments. It has become, in fact, the name for a system of fable and error that has risen up in the world in the place of truth, in fulfillment of the predictions of the apostles. Therefore, to be known as a "Christian" is not to be known as a believer of the truth.
- "They shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim 4:4).
- "Of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things" (Acts 20:30).
- "Many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of" (2 Pet 2:2).
- "The darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people" (Isa 60:2).
- "A covering cast over all people, and the veil spread over all nations" (Isa 25:7).
- "All nations drunk (spiritually)"; "all nations deceived" (Rev 17:2; 18:23).